Applies to all Konica Minolta models
This document covers the basics of creating a Windows share on a server or workstation and creating an address book entry at the Konica Minolta copier that will save a scanned document to that share.
1. Create a folder on the server/workstation. In this case I made a folder called “Scans” off of C:\Scans.
2. Next Share that folder with Everyone in the share and give it full control. In my example the share is called “Scans”. To do this, right-click on the folder and select Properties. Go the Sharing tab. Click Advanced Sharing. Check the box “Share this folder”. Click Permissions. With Everyone selected, Click Allow, Full Control. *See image* Click OK. Click OK again. Make note of the Network Path. It will be in the following format. \\Computer Name\Folder Name\
3. Set the folder permissions – Click on the security tab of the folder properties. Click edit. Click add. Type “Everyone” in the box and then hit OK. With Everyone selected, Click Allow, Full Control. Click OK.
4. Now let’s program the Konica/Minolta Bizhub. Login to the device using a web browser and typing on the IP of the copier in the address bar.
5. Now click on the Store Address Tab (orange). You will then be in the Address Book. The address book on the Konica/Minolta is used like a directory and settings for scanning, emailing, faxing, etc. Select New Registration
6. Select SMB and select OK.
7. Then in the Name field enter in a name for the Icon on the copier. Check the “Main” box..
In the Destination Information, you will enter the network folder path information. Check the box that says “Please check to enter host name”
Note: use the network folder path that you got from step 2. \\HOSTNAME\PATH TO FILE\
You will type HOSTNAME in the Host Address field, and PATH TO FILE in the File Path field.
For the User ID and Password, enter the Windows log on username and password. This is the username and password you use to log onto your computer. Alternatively, you can disable “Password Protected Sharing” on your PC and leave username and password blank. Click OK to complete.