Scan to E-mail is a great way to scan documents and have them sent directly to your inbox. From there, you can forward them easily or download the files to your device. One advantage over other scanning methods is that you will able to send documents to recipients even if they are not in the location as the MFP.
In order to successfully setup scan to e-mail on your Konica Minolta bizhub MFP you will need the following information:
- SMTP Server
- Security – SSL, TLS, or none
- Authentication – Username and password (if required)
The needed information can be obtained from your email provider. See common providers below.
- SMTP server address: smtp.gmail.com
- SMTP username: Your Gmail address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- SMTP password: Your Gmail password
- SMTP port (TLS): 587
- SMTP port (SSL): 465
- SMTP TLS/SSL required: yes
- Note: You must enable “Less Secure Apps”. For more info see below. See this link for more details from Google.
- SMTP server address: smtp.office365.com
- SMTP username: Your Office365 address
- SMTP password: Your Office365 password
- Port: Port 587 (recommended) or port 25
- SMTP TLS required: yes (TLS)
Godaddy / Secureserver
- SMTP server address: smtpout.secureserver.net
- SMTP username: Your email address is your username
- SMTP password: Your Godaddy email password
- Port: Port 465
- SMTP SSL required: yes (SSL)
Entering E-mail (SMTP) Settings From the MFP
At the MFP, press the following buttons to access the SMTP settings.
- [Menu] – [Utility] – [Administrator Settings] – [Network Settings] – [E-Mail Settings] – [E-Mail TX (SMTP)]
- Navigate the screens to enter the following information.
- [SMTP Server Address] – Enter the SMTP server address.
- [SSL/TLS Settings] – For SSL select SSL, for TLS select TLS, for none select OFF.
- If authentication is required (username/password) press the [Detail Settings] button. Press ON for [SMTP Authentication]. Enter the correct Username and Password.
- Press OK to exit.
At the MFP, press the following buttons to register the Administrator Email.
- [Utility] – [Administrator Settings] – [Administrator/Machine Settings] – [Administrator Registration]
- Enter the email address being used.
At the MFP, press the following buttons to register the Device Email.
- [Utility] – [Administrator Settings] – [Administrator/Machine Settings] – [Input Machine Address]
- Enter the email address being used.
Entering E-mail (SMTP) Settings From the Web Connection
The network setting for the MFP can be configured by means of the Web Connection. This will allow you to change or update settings from any computer that is connected to the same network as the MFP. For details on configuring these settings by this means, see this link.
- Under most circumstances, you must have a valid email account for the MFP to send emails. Select one email account/address to use as the email that will be sending. All emails sent from the MFP will use this email account/address.
- MFP must be configured with the appropriate network settings for Scan to email to function. This includes but is not limited to having a valid IP address and valid DNS server. See this link for details on configuration.
- DNS server is not entered – If a valid DNS server is not saved into the MFP, the MFP will not be able to communicate with the Email server. Verify that a valid DNS server is saved into the MFP. See this link for details on configuration.
- Incorrect Default Gateway – If a Default Gateway is not saved into the MFP or if the Default Gateway is incorrect, the MFP will not be able to communicate with the Email server. Verify that all IPv4 settings are correctly entered into the MFP. See this link for details on configuration.
- GMail – By default, Gmail does not allow SMTP access. This means at first you may not be able to use your Konica Minolta to scan to email with Gmail without changing the default setting.
- Go to your Google Account.
- On the left navigation panel, click Security.
- On the bottom of the page, in the Less secure app access panel, click Turn on access.
|107||Server connection error.||
Generic error – Something is stopping the MFP from communicating with the email server. Check network connection and configuration.
|530||SMTP server error. The access is rejected.||
Usually only seen with Gmail when “Less Secure Apps” option is not enabled.
|535||SMTP server error. Authentication error.||
Verify email username and password are correctly entered at the MFP.